On Monday the Minnesota Vikings released artist renderings of the new Vikings stadium and it is going to be extravagant. The stadium will host Football and Baseball games and will presumably have a Super Bowl in the future. Here are some details from Vikings.com, with a video included:
- Approximately 1.6 million square feet.
- 65,000 seats, including some of the closest in the NFL; expandable to 73,000 for a Super Bowl.
- Up to 125 suites and 7,500 club seats, including suites and clubs at the field level, some of which will put fans closer to the sideline than in any other NFL stadium.
- Seven levels, including two general admission concourses with 360-degree circulation and various views into the bowl.
- Highest quality HD video boards in the NFL located in both the east and west end zones and video ribbon boards throughout the interior of the seating bowl.
- Over 1,200 HD flat screen televisions throughout the concourse for all fans in attendance to view the game.
- Capability to host more events than any other large stadium in the world, including NFL football and a Super Bowl, MLS soccer, NCAA basketball and baseball, high school sporting events, motocross, concerts, conventions, marching band competitions.
- Access points to the city and stadium site from all four sides of the stadium.
- Large west plaza (over two acres in size) for game day, non-game day and seasonal public gatherings as a connection to the downtown corridor.
- Lightest and most efficient roof structure in the nation for a major new stadium, which will include a single large steel super truss providing primary support for the main long span roof.
- Largest clear ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) roof in the world and the first on a stadium in the nation, allowing connection to the outdoors from a climate-controlled environment.
- Largest glass pivoting doors in the world that will open to the west plaza.
- Application for LEED-certified status.
- Parking ramps with skyways from the north and south sides of the stadium and connections from the facility to the downtown skyway system.
The rest of the slideshow can be found here, and it is worth going through because this stadium is going to be ridiculous.