The Oregon Ducks and Nike worked together to release two new “Mach Speed” jerseys, and will wear one of them for their Alamo Bowl game against the Texas Longhorns. Here are some of the key features of the jerseys and pants:
- Durable, heavy-duty stretch-woven panels strategically placed to lock down the shoulder pads across the chest and back.
- New Nike Chain Maille 2.0 mesh fabric, ventilated through laser-cut pods, used to provide strength at the neck grill for that lock down fit. This same mesh is employed at the back of the neck, under the arm, and in an air channel between the chest panels for increased airflow.
- Laser perforated mesh panels incorporated into major heat zones within the mid-section of the jersey – at the stomach and lower back – allowing for heat release where athletes need it most.
- The jersey armhole openings are rotated forward for a more articulated fit and better range of motion. An additional stretch gusset has been added below the armhole to enhance flexibility.
The new Nike Mach Speed pant utilizes the same three woven fabrics, strategically integrated for maximum durability, movement, and ventilation.
- A tailored hem at the back of the knee reducing bulk, while a cuff at the front locks in the pads.
- Perforated mesh fabric behind the knee to keep the athlete cool, augmented by a Nike Chain Maille 2.0 mesh panels at the side of the leg for zoned ventilation.
- At the waist, an updated gripper draw cord locks the pant in place.
It’s a pretty awesome look to say the least. Going to be difficult for other teams to continue to attempt to keep up with Oregon’s ever-changing uniforms.