Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson was not at all in a good mood after Tuesday night’s 73-65 loss to Murray State. SIU dropped to 2-8 on the year, which did not please Hinson one bit.
The best of the rant picks up a couple minutes into the video. Here’s a summary courtesy of Awful Announcing:
- “I’ve been telling my wife this for years, size doesn’t matter.”
- “Marcus was absolutely awful, that’s about as PG rated as I can say it. He was awful. Our guards are awful. Our three starting guards had 1 assist and 7 turnovers. They must think it’s a tax credit.”
- “My wife, MY WIFE, can score more than 2 buckets on 11 shots because I know my wife will AT LEAST shot fake one time.”
- “When you’ve got a young team it’s a lot like house training a puppy dog. When the dog does something wrong [smack] bad dog! I’m not gonna hit ’em, I’m not gonna swat ’em, but bad dog.”
- “There was a sniper in the gym. Did you see that? We had guys falling down… I would have thought Navy Seal Team 6 was out there.”