25. SMU Mustangs- The Mustangs kept their classic color scheme and logo that gained popularity while the “Pony Express” was in town. The white helmet allows the logo to jump out, and the uniforms are clean and simple. The striping on the home jersey (red top/white pants) is done to perfection
24. Arizona State Sun Devils- New for last year, their alternate black jerseys have definitely been “nike-fied,” yet it seems to work for them. The massive pitchfork on the side of the helmet stands out perfectly against the all-black, while the numbers fading from yellow to white on the all-black jerseys look great. Few teams can get third jerseys to be successful, but ASU has done it right.
23. Northwestern Wildcats- The only brand new 2012 uniform to make the list. Northwestern dumped Adidas this year to move to Under Armour and they did not disappoint, producing one of the most distinctive uniforms in college football. Both jerseys are fantastic, but I’m going to have to give the nod to the road uniforms. The stripe thru the center of the uniform is completely unique and stands out best with the white uniform.
22. Auburn Tigers- Their color scheme of dark blue and bright orange is awesome, and the balance of all three colors in their home uniform is wonderfully done. Not to be forgotten is the multi-colored triple stripe on the helmet, to cap off this beauty.
21. Tennessee Volunteers- A fantastic road uniform, with an all white uniform and helmet. The “T” is an iconic logo that uses simplistic design to its advantage. The Volunteer’s are another team that doesn’t mess around with crazy stripes or piping, and likes to keep it simple.
20. Arizona Wildcats- A blue helmet, red jersey and white pants. It gives off a patriotic feel, while still being quite unique. The faded striping on the pants blends perfectly with the pants, and the two different colored stripes on the helmet and pants matches the U of A logo perfectly.
19. Ohio State Buckeyes- These home uniforms are readily identifiable by almost any college football fan, especially when you look at the helmet. Almost known more for their helmet stickers than the jersey itself, the Buckeye’s scarlet and gray were a lock for the top-10.
18. Wisconsin Badgers- The all-white uniform works perfectly for the Badgers. Their helmet blends perfectly, and the all-white scheme allows for the oversized W on the helmet to shine; as it should.
17. Notre Dame Fighting Irish- Was never a huge fan of the Notre Dame jerseys, especially because their helmets were never truly the correct color gold. Last year, they changed the color of the helmets, making it more of a defined gold, and this moved them up in my books. Even though the green jersey is technically not apart of their main color scheme, they sure do pull it off.
16. Oklahoma Sooners- The all white Sooner jersey keeps things simple in a great sense, one of the few teams that can also pull off a rather plain look, with a superior color scheme and helmet.
15. Penn State Nittany Lions- The most plain uniforms currently in the game right now, and while they might be changed by new head coach Bill O’Brien next year, I hope they don’t. It’s always great to see a team bucking the trend and ignoring the flash that Nike, Adidas and Under Armour try to throw at them. Especially with those all white road beauties.
14. Georgia Bulldogs- Another standout color scheme with their red home uniforms, but the best part about these uniforms are the one of a kind pant striping. They are the only team in college football to have a solid colored pant, and then have a three stripes that are all different colors down the sides. A simple, yet classy look that they can call their own.
13. Oklahoma State Cowboys- I had never seen a team with an all grey uniform (helmet included), and I think that Oklahoma State did it nicely. The bright orange numbers let you see who’s on the field from a mile away, and they definitely earn some big points for their uniqueness.
12. Miami (FL) Hurricanes- It’s all about the helmet here. Doesn’t really matter which jersey combo you put with them (I prefer the orange jersey and white pants), the helmet makes this uniform. They solid white and two tone logo is an instant classic and makes you think of the glory years back with Jimmy Johnson.
11. LSU Tigers- As many other uniforms that you will see in the top ten, the Tigers have a very unique uniform and an even more unique helmet. The white jersey works perfectly with the yellow helmet and pants, and due to the extreme heat in the South, is often adorned as a home jersey.
10. North Carolina Tar Heels- Taking a cue from the basketball team, the carolina blue uniforms with the stripe down the side is a classy look that allows you to appreciate the color of the uniform. Sure there isn’t any flash, but who needs flash when they look this good? Their dark blue uniform isn’t something to be passed over either.
9. UCLA Bruins- What’s not to love? Their uniform numbers are a one of a kind, while their color scheme is almost second to none. The subtle gold and white stripes on the home uniform do a great job of accenting the jersey.
8. Oregon Ducks- Oregon’s jerseys are very hit or miss. Definitely not a fan of their away uniforms, but when it comes to the home jerseys, they have done well. The highlighter top, with the black pants jumps out at you and forces you to take notice of them. If their high-powered, high-octane offense hadn’t done that already.
7. Florida Gators- Have not like anything that Nike has done when it comes to Florida’s Pro Combat uniforms. If something looks as great as their home uniform, why change it? Few teams could pull off the orange helmet without a logo, but it is hard to envision The Swamp without it.
6. Florida State Seminoles- The Noles lucked out when the Seminole Tribe said that they could keep their name. I truly can’t imagine Florida State not wearing the garnet and gold and having a spear adorned on their helmets. The helmets truly make these home uniforms worth while.
5. Clemson Tigers-The Clemson Tigers have some of the greatest combinations to put together for their uniforms. The orange and purple are very unique combo, and few things are as cool as seeing them in their solid orange, running down the hill into Death Valley after touching Howard’s Rock.
4. Alabama Crimson Tide-Next to Penn State, these are some of the most plain uniforms in the country. Yet, the Crimson home jerseys are very well put together, and the numbers on the helmet give it a unique look that fits them easily into the top 5.
3. USC Trojans-Another home uniform with a perfect color scheme and little flash. USC’s uniforms are a classic that have been donned by many first rounders.
2. Texas Longhorns- The Longhorns have an iconic burnt orange home uniform. The orange and the white off set each other perfectly, and adding to the perfection is a solid white bucket with their classic logo on either side.
1. Michigan Wolverines- So perhaps a little bias, but how can you not give the team with the most iconic, unique and best helmet in the country the #1 spot?